Is the AGP vinyl fencing removable in winter???

Jun 2, 2014
Bend, OR
*1st time pool owners here
Working on getting my new 16'x48" pool setup this weekend and need to figure out a safety fence. We're thinking of either renting a chain link fence for the few months it will be up (till Sep) or will go with the vinyl fencing that can be installed on the top of the AGP. I saw another member here was successful in installing that fencing on a 16' Intex, I was wondering, how hard is it to disassemble in the winter when taking down the pool? Or is it semi permanent...

Thank you in advance!!! Can't wait to get my TFP started =)

I am in the process of installing this same fencing. I will say this to take it down every year it will require some work. For each post there is one main screw for the uprights. So it will depend on how many legs are on the pool

You're allowed to bump! :mrgreen:

I have never heard of renting a chain link fence.

Would I be un-screwing the pieces that screw into the metal uprights of the pool frame? That doesn't sound good. I think they would strip out? We have snow in the winter so I'll have to take down the pool. The other problem is that my backyard isn't fenced, so I have to figure out something for safety otherwise I have to return the pool :-(

There are a lot of people who winterize their pools DaddyGreenJeans. They close them at SLAM levels when the pool gets to about 60 degrees and open them early after the big thaw when the pool hits about 60 degrees and when done correctly, they are crystal clear. Take the time to learn the TFPC way and purchase a reliable test kit and you will see for yourself how easy it can be! You have to do the reading of Pool School and be willing to learn it or it won't work. :goodjob:

I left my Intex Ultraframe up this past winter, with no ill-effect. I had been planning on taking it down and had drained it to 6", when there were some family health problems. In the spring there were quite a few leaves in it because I hadn't covered it, and after spending some time cleaning it, all was well. I did manage to get the filter drained and stored in the shed, so no problems there either. We had one of the coldest winters in a long time, and the liner is fine.

I'll have to do more research sounds like. I thought with all the snow and stuff I'd have to take it down. I'm guessing I'd need a hard Cover to keep snow out of pool? With all the chlorine does the pool water freeze? Wouldn't that cause stress on the liner? Thanks everyone! I soo want this to work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'll have to do more research sounds like. I thought with all the snow and stuff I'd have to take it down. I'm guessing I'd need a hard Cover to keep snow out of pool? With all the chlorine does the pool water freeze? Wouldn't that cause stress on the liner? Thanks everyone! I soo want this to work.

I wintered my Intex Ultraframe this winter. Drained it to just below the outlet after it dropped below 60, removed the outlet (left the skimmer attached) removed the hoses, drained the sand filter (left the filter in place but brought the pump and swg in to the shed, tied 4 truck inner tubes together in the middle of the pool and tied them to the sides so they wouldn't drift, then put a mesh cover over the whole thing to keep debris out but allow water to flow through. Had no problem with the tons of snow we got this winter. Opened it a few weeks ago and it was still crystal clear.

It's not that bad DaddyGreenJeans! We will help you winterize it when it's time! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.