Liquid Solar Cover???

Is there anyone using any of these products currently that can give any feedback as to their performance. I know they will not be as good as a blanket but I really do not want to deal with the constant hassle of removing/replacing one. I was looking at this product Natural Chemistry Cover Free Liquid Pool Cover, Quart. Any noticeable film?

Sorry to be a buzzkill to anyone on here who likes it - my experience was wholly 'unremarkable'. As soon as a slight breeze or wind disturbs the surface, the effectiveness is pretty much shot until the surface is smooth again. I tried it for an entire season about 4-5 years ago, and it was like having no cover at all.......

As far as residue is concerned, I didn't notice any at all.

This year I'm cutting my blue bubble cover in half to make it eas ier for others to remove - I can do the whole thing in one piece, but I'm the guy around here! Going on the third year with this cover - they really hold up a lot better with under the TFP method!

Is there anyone using any of these products currently that can give any feedback as to their performance. I know they will not be as good as a blanket but I really do not want to deal with the constant hassle of removing/replacing one. I was looking at this product Natural Chemistry Cover Free Liquid Pool Cover, Quart. Any noticeable film?

I have used Cover Free for about a year with no filming problems. It does sometimes cause dust to ball up on the surface and sink to the bottom of the pool, if that seems like mentioning to you. I will get you some numbers in the morning as we're about to have a good test case here. Yesterday we had a slow, cold rain all day and the pool was 68 when the sun came out this morning. I'll give you final highs from a day's worth of solar heat today and how much I lost overnight. I'm like you; I don't like fussing with covers either, although I should be, given how much debris I get in my pool due to being too close to a wooded area. But that's just me. I'll have something concrete tomorrow.

OK, here are the numbers: Yesterday's high here in Battle Creek, according to weather.com, was 76 degrees and the low was 50 (probably early yesterday morning after the rain). Right now (7:30 a.m.) it's 53 degrees. My solar panels yesterday managed to raise the pool temperature five degrees, from 68 to 73. That is typical for such a low starting temp. After checking my temperature around 6:30 last evening, after the pump shut off for the day, it was right at 73. This morning, with the outside temp at 53, the pool is still at 70. I find that to be acceptable, not knowing what it would be without the Cover Free, and not knowing what it would be with a thermal covering.

I understand what some others are saying about wind. That certainly would be a major factor, but for me it's rarely one. My pool is well protected from the wind and almost always calm. Of course, you couldn't run the pump at all overnight either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.