In trouble with cloudy water

May 31, 2012
Hi guys,

This community has been really helpful to me in the past and it seems I've gotten myself into a bit of a pickle, so I'm hoping you can be helpful again!

I had a problem 2 weeks ago with my SWG. It was saying no flow. I went back and forth with Zodiac to get it fixed. In the meantime, I was putting chorine tablets in the skimmer basket to maintain FC. The problem is that I am unaccustomed to doing this and I have a busy household (who doesn't?).

So short story is, before I could get the new flow sensor installed and the SWG back up and running, my water went cloudy. I started SLAMing yesterday. I thought I understood the process, but I don't seem to be getting anywhere. I figure it's time to come to the forum, hat in hand, and ask for some help.

Here are my numbers.

TA: 40
CH: 130
CYA: 60
PH: 7.2

FC is 20 and CC is 3

According to the Chlorine/CYA chart, the shock level is 24, so I've just added more bleach to bring it up to that level.

We had a bad case of White Water Mold 2 years ago and I've seen the beginnings of it this time. It took over a month of FC over 25 and other processes to knock it out in 2012. I'm hopeful it hasn't really taken hold this time.

How long should it reasonable take to see some clearing in the water? How often should I be testing/adding?

Thank you in advance.

I've been at it all day. There has been no change in cloudiness. At 2pm I raised FC to 26. It was 20.5 at 3:30. CC at 1 each time.

I'm out of bleach, so I'm gonna have to make a run. Should I be concerned that there has been no color change?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.