Dirt Like Substance on liner Pool

patrick3229

LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Feb 2, 2012
I have customer who emailed me with the following problem, does anyone have any suggestions or further questions to ask to determine his problem or a solution....

"I have been fighting this brown dirt like substance on the bottom of my pool for a few years now. I just opened my pool this year and the problem has gotten worse. A good portion of the center of the pool has this substance on it. When I try to vacuum the substance it just puffs up into a brown cloud. In a few minutes it settles back on the pol floor. Please help me solve this issue."

I have that also. Mine is pollen. This time of year, we have the cottonwood trees flying cotton around like its snowing. My sand filter just can't seem to filter all that tiny pollen. I have tried D.E. in the filter, but still doesn't catch it all.

If we put the skimmer socks on the returns, we do not get all of that settling on the floor of the pool. But then the returns do not push the water like you need to, so I have to skim the top of the water more, which I don't mind.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.