Pool is now UP!

b15nut

LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2014
san tan, az
Spent all day Sunday leveling and constructing. Thankfully had a couple helping hands that made it go quickly.

We leveled the first 4 feet using the level, then used a 2x6x10 board with the level attached to the last 5 feet of the board.
za8usyry.jpg

We then filled in the low spots and releveled.
pura4apu.jpg

Then came the foam. What a pain in the butt! Had to assemble, tape, and cut in the driveway. Then move the whole thing to the back yard. My ground is rock hard here in the dessert so I didnt use the pavers.
ezyhahy3.jpg

Built it up and started filling. Connected the 2800 (2150Gph) sand filter and SWCG.
tedaqupe.jpg

Also installed the Hayward in wall skimmer. Added salt, cya stabilizer (via sock method), and bleach. Backwashed and ran pump for 24 hours. SWCG has not been turned on yet, until i am sure the levels are stable, but think they are right there.

Daughter lives in this thing lol
du4a3amu.jpg

Gotta say thanks to everyone here for all the resources and advice! My neighbors 15' is always green YUCK, but mine should never do that thanks to this site.

More to come, including current test results.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Ok so here are the results from my Walmart THT test kit. I will be ordering a TFT kit today.

PH: 7.5
CL: 5
CYA: 30
TA: 130
Hardness: 250 (this one I not too confident about)

What do you think? Should I bring the CYA level up to ~50?

We have been in the pool every day and I must say that I am kicking myself for not listening to my wife 2 years ago when she first suggested this (dont tell her I said that! ;) )

- - - Updated - - -

Great Jon b15nut... :) Your daughter looks very happy ... :)

Thanks laceygirl! She wakes my wife up at 7am every morning asking to go in the pool lol

Great job!:goodjob:

I'd go ahead and raise the CYA. You need more in your location anyway, plus you will need to add some more for the SWG.

We have been in the pool every day and I must say that I am kicking myself for not listening to my wife 2 years ago when she first suggested this (dont tell her I said that! :wink: )
Well, okay, but just remember that she was right! :lol:

I'd definitely raise the cya level. Got a salt check kit? Have fun! Don't let anybody get any ideas about using that trampoline in conjunction with the pool!

HA....Everyone thinks that! If I were 15 years younger I may have entertained that but now that I can hurt my back getting up from the kitchen table....I will pass :D Salt check kit will be here today. Should the CYA be raised to 50 or higher than that?

Great job!:goodjob:

I'd go ahead and raise the CYA. You need more in your location anyway, plus you will need to add some more for the SWG.

Well, okay, but just remember that she was right! :lol:

my memory on that topic is a bit fuzzy already! :p

HA....Everyone thinks that! If I were 15 years younger I may have entertained that but now that I can hurt my back getting up from the kitchen table....

Is that NOT the truth or what?! I so hear you!

Get in that pool and use the return jet as a back massager. That's what I do on my shoulder! :mrgreeen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I did not use the pavers. I have hard clay in the yard. The entire frame and pool was placed on the foam. The foam has compressed under the weight of the legs but everything has remained level.

Will be adding more cya with sock method overnight to bump my cya to 70. Then will recheck all levels.

Adding some more pics.

Here is the inwall skimmer and just added the pool light. Gonna try it out tonight.
epatenum.jpg

dyhyquvu.jpg

3ase9uhy.jpg

Wanted to remove the copper from the SWCG and had read people leaving it open......that didnt work! Lol so i stopped at home depot and found this 2" kwik cap. Pushed it on and tightened the clamp. Working like a charm!

Here is the link for the cap:
http://homedepot.com/p/Fernco-2-in-PVC-DWV-Flexible-Cap-PQC-102/100372303/

y5u5evav.jpg

Waiting on delivery of test kit.

You're going to love that skimmer box and how it keeps the pool clean! :goodjob:

So far i have been amazed at how low maintenance it has been. Apart from adding some bleach to kill the slimey feel on the wall and some stabilizer no other interference has been needed. Still crystal clear!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.