Cloudy water but in control!

Mar 2, 2014
Cincinnati OH
Hi

I just wanted to say that this is the first time I have actually felt competent and in control of my pool. Last year, it was a continual cycle of cloudy water to green to clear and then back to cloudy. It was frustrating to say the least and we were definitely "pool stored"!

Well, I have worked 3 really long days and only paid minimal attention to the pool. (I added chlorine one time ). We have had 2 days of a lot of rain. (whew, I may need an ark). My water this morning was looking a bit cloudy. I asked my husband to add some bleach when he got home (before me) and he did after the test showed 0 FC. He added 3 cups of 8% bleach. We just retested... 0 FC and 1 CC. (we must have something active in there)

THE MORAL OF MY STORY: instead of freaking out, I have looked up my SLAM level and added 1 gallon and half of 12% bleach. (I added a bit extra since it seems like the bleach is being eaten quickly and I cant spend all day on it tomorrow) I will retest tomorrow morning before I leave for work and adjust.

FC 0
CC 1
pH 7.2
TA 90
CH 100
CYA 40

I am a newbie and by no means an expert but I just wanted to share how much I love this forum :lovetfp: and all its people and how far I have come. Last year I was overwhelmed by it all. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.