Not sure what to do with the TA

Sep 10, 2013
Lowell, indiana
My water is clear as glass... Beautiful. Ever since I've started the TFPC method.

I've had this brown "dirt" that is settling in the folds of the liner only on the bottom. I can vacuum it tonight but somehow it's back tomorrow. If I step on it it scatters like dust. I'm paranoid it might be the start of algae. We do have a lot of fuzzy white tree seeds blowing in... Really just not sure. To be safe I was going to slam the pool but I need to get my readings fixed:
PH-8.2
FC-4
CC-0
TA-140
Cya-25

Not sure where to begin especially w the TA
Thank you in advance:)

Lower the PH to 7.2. Then, if you SLAM, don't worry about PH or TA until you are done SLAMing. That will be the best you can do for PH and TA for the moment. Longer term, continue to lower PH to 7.2 each time it gets to 7.8 until the TA level comes down a bit.

The "dirt" might well be pollen. It is about the right time of year for it. Different "colors" of pollen bloom at different times of year, so it might look different than pollen looked a week or to ago.

By the by, I recommend raising CYA at least a little. The recommended range is 30 to 50.

Hawk, CC is only one of three criteria that can each separately call for SLAMing.
1) Visible algae or
2) CC above 0.5 or
3) Trouble maintaining the correct FC level

This particular case centers on the question of the brown "dirt" being visible algae or not. (Which isn't obvious either way.)

I added the muratic acid. I'll take a pic of what it is I see on the bottom tomorrow and post it.. I think for now I'll add my daily dose of bleach and hopefully I'll get your opinion on the pic tomorrow.. Thank you! After last years algae and 180 cya I appreciate your advice more than you know

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.