Cleaning filter cartridge?

pump small.jpg

I have this Hayward pump which uses cartridge filters. What's the best method for cleaning the filters? Does anyone use a certain type of cleaner? Or just a bleach and water solution?

I saw a tutorial for cleaning another type of cartridge here, but it looks much different than mine. Mine looks more like this one:

hayward_micro_star_clear_c225_filter_cartridge_cx200-re.jpg

Just spray the cartridge off with a garden hose set on a tight spray. Then once a year you rinse normally, soak it overnight in a mixture of one cup of automatic dish washing detergent for each 5 gallons of water, rinse throughly again, and reinstall.

Also a general rule on when to replace the cartridge would be when the pool filter is clean if your operating psi on your pressure gauges 10 psi higher than when you first put in a new cartridge. For example if you put in a brand new clean cartridge and you note your psi is 8 PSI then 1 year later you take out the cartridge and completely clean it and your operating psi with the cleaned cartridge does not drop below 18 psi then it is time to replace the cartridge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.