PH Drop

Jun 24, 2008
MOBILE, AL
I have noticed my Ph has dropped over the past two days it was satying around 7.4-7.5 and yesterday it had dropped to 7.2 so I added 2lbs 14oz to get it to 7.5 I come home today and check it and it is at about 7.0. Any one have any ideas?
My levels are

FC-4
CC-0
PH-7.0
T/A-110
CYA-30
Temp-91

I have a 24' AG

Ok my wife read it wrong its at about 7.8-7.9 I guess that was too much borax yesterday. I went by the pool calc. Is that too high? I know it says 7.5-7.8. Is there a different type of test other than the color code. I have a hard time telling the difference so I ask my wife and she tells me wrong. LOL. Everyone makes mistakes

The PH calculations are always approximate. When making a significant PH change it is always best to use 1/2 to 2/3rds of the amount calculated and see where that gets you.

The usual color comparison PH test is just about the best one available. But there are some electronic alternatives. The electronic PH testers are less reliable and more expensive, but they will give you a reading when you can't do the color comparisons.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.