Algae patches -- dead or alive?

After finishing my SLAM I have little piles still settling at the bottom of the pool. I try "brushing" it up. It disturbs very easy but I feel like brushing alone isn't stirring it up enough to get it up to the skimmer and have it filtered out. Guess I need to get the vacuum back out on it. It seems to be a brownish gray in color and my FC is still holding steady. What does dead algae look like? This seems more brownish gray than white.

I went back and looked at pictures of the pool with live algae and now that I look at it a little more I think what I'm seeing might still be the real thing. Just surprised it's not eating up more FC than it is... Last night FC was 6 before going to bed last night and it was still 6 when I checked this morning. I'm using Trichlor in a floater since the previous owners left a huge bucket full and my CYA is <20.

This was the swamp we started with:
pool small.jpg

We drained down to a foot of nasty water. Got out as much organic material as we good and did a refill. This was our results after the first night of SLAM:

POOL MEDIUM SMALL.jpg

What I'm seeing now looks a lot like that except in just really small patches around the bottom.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's what it looked like about two hours after brushing. Color is kind of wild looking ... sun was REALLY bright.
POOLSPARKLE_zpsa2d0007d.jpg

I went back and looked at pictures of the pool with live algae and now that I look at it a little more I think what I'm seeing might still be the real thing. Just surprised it's not eating up more FC than it is... Last night FC was 6 before going to bed last night and it was still 6 when I checked this morning. I'm using Trichlor in a floater since the previous owners left a huge bucket full and my CYA is <20.

This was the swamp we started with:
View attachment 30245

We drained down to a foot of nasty water. Got out as much organic material as we good and did a refill. This was our results after the first night of SLAM:

View attachment 30246

What I'm seeing now looks a lot like that except in just really small patches around the bottom.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's what it looked like about two hours after brushing. Color is kind of wild looking ... sun was REALLY bright.
POOLSPARKLE_zpsa2d0007d.jpg

I'm new here too, but if I'm reading your post correctly, you have your floater in the pool for your overnight free chlorine test? If I'm reading correctly, I'd say take that out and do another overnight test,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.