New Liner? Do I have to?

Jul 14, 2008
I recently purchased a used 18' x 33' AGP. 3 out of 4 people I speak with say I MUST purchase a NEW liner to re-install the pool. Is this true. The line that is with it seems perfectly fine but I'm hearing that it cannot stretch back to its previous form and certainly not to a new form with tearing. Can anyone verify this for me? Thanks.

The 3 of the 4 would be correct. That is one of the reasons you should not completely drain a vinyl liner pool. It probably will not stretch back to the size it needs to. The liner becomes less pliable if it dries out.

I agree with Heatmisr. Once youve let a vinyl liner dry out it becomes unusable. We had our liner replaced this year because of a leak and the old one sat in the backyard by the pool for a few weeks until I could dispose of it and I was amazed at how brittle it became. :shock:

Food for thought .... we bought our liner online and it was $200.00 cheaper than what our local pool store was selling it for, so if you have time look around!

Good Luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.