sand filter and pump upgrade intex 16x32x52"

csk158

Jun 1, 2014
mi
I posted in the above ground section and have not gotten any response I hope its ok to try here in the pumping section?
I have an intex above ground 16x32x52" pool that I would like to replace the standard cartridge pump and filter with an hayward pump and sand filter or another comparable brand.
If any one has done this and can give me advise on what size pump and filter to get that would be great.
The hose sizes are 1.5

My pool is 2/3 your size, but I have a deep end. I inherited a Hayward pump with 100# sand filter and couldn't keep pool clear. Upgraded to a 200# filter and it works great with #20 grit silica sand. Most sand filters I see on even the big pools aren't much bigger than that. I like the Hayward, popular brand with available parts should you need them.

I think this is what I have: http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-S180T...qid=1402006013&sr=1-3&keywords=hayward+filter

Also, Silica sand from your home improvement store (Lowes, Home Depot) works just fine. Don't have to get from pool store.

Glenn

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.