Air will Not Shut Off to Spa Jet Returns

Jun 27, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Hello - I'm new here and have been reading, reading, reading. Just a little background - I have been using the BBB method for at least the last 5 years or so (started with Ben on his website). Everything has been relatively beautiful since stopping the "pucks" and using BBB. Have a (16x36 IG Vinyl 20,000 gal- 10 yo). Hope that's enough intro for now.

What I need help with is my spa jet return air shut offs. Pool was initially installed with two spa jet returns at steps with step mounted air control knobs (don't know what brand - really didn't know they were doing it!) Anyway, there are two knobs (one mounted on each side of steps to control air flow to each jet) - well after 10 years they seem to not want to turn air off completely and I'm bubbling away. Knobs that control air flow to jets do feel loose but I'm afraid to pop them off and see what's inside in case I cause more trouble (never been there, never done that). What do you think - anyone have any experience with this? Anyone popped these knobs off and made any adjustments to these controls? I'm kind of afraid that this could be the reason my PH is continually wanting to creep up (too much bubbling going on).

P.S. - If I apply pressure down on the step mounted air control knobs they will stop the air flow but it comes back when I remove pressure.

Thanks for any and all suggestions. Hope I didn't ramble too much.

Kate

Thank you so much but being a little slow and not knowing where the "o-ring" would be located, do you mean remove the adjustment knob by popping it off (is the o-ring there?) or the wall fitting in the pool? Sorry to be so dense.

Thanks and glad to be on this board

Kate

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.