Borate 40

not bad, but look at todays test after one month:
CC .5
PH 7.8
TA 60
CH 400
CYA 30
Borate 50

Note: Pool been up for a little over one year, also never had issues with algae. Been operating the BBB method, should I be concerned that TA dropped below the 70-90 limit, also the CH above the 250-350 limit? Never I have seen those out of there limits, never added baking soda.

This is the first time I have added Borax. I have noticed that since added borates, I have added twice the amount of MA. Also, why is my PH always on the high side. I always have to add about 19oz. of MA every other day?

I know its alot to take in, thanks for your input.

John

What is your FC?

I would leave the TA for now and see if the pH rise slows down (lower is fine because of the use of borates). 7.8 is fine, just lower it if it gets over 8.0.

CH will always rise due to evaporation, so no way to lower that except replacing water.

You may want to increase your CYA to closer to 50ppm given your TX level of sun.

Re: Low TA & High CH!

Just a after reading my thread. I added the Borax 7th of April & my PH have been around 7.8 since it open a year ago. Note: I do operate my water features often for a nice look.

Thanks, John

- - - Updated - - -

Just a after reading my thread. I added the Borax 7th of April & my PH have been around 7.8 since it open a year ago. Note: I do operate my water features often for a nice look.

Thanks, John

Thanks JB for your input.

My FC .5 today. I added 74oz. of bleach. I was low because I was out of town the last couple of days.

I check my FC & PH every Mon,Wed,Fri. Check the others every first of month.
Note: I add about 42 - 64oz of bleach every other day to keep it at 4.0ppm, and 19oz of MA to keep it at 7.6. I go by that CSI scale on the computer and try to keep it at 0.

I would see if you can leave the pH around 7.8 ... it may be stable and the CSI should not be much higher.

You need to make sure you are never letting the FC drop below 2/2.5ppm ever. Likely you should target a higher FC level if you are only going to check it every other day.

Thank you JB,

I will check my PH every other day and see if its maintaining 7.8ppm. That would be great if it maintains that reading, I would save $$ on MA.

Also, I will start checking my FC everyday to keep it at 4ppm, instead of every other. Thanks

Should I use my pucks to raise my CYA to 50ppm, or use my conditional? I'm thinking pucks for the extra FC!
Also how long does test chem's last? I've had mine for 16 months.

You can use the pucks ... that will also lower the pH. Just calculate how much CYA each adds and then limit yourself.

If the test kit is stored indoors out of the sun, it should last a few years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.