Radiant Pool Project

May 9, 2010
Red Bud, IL
I just wanted to post a few photos of our new 30ft Radiant Metric pool. I was the sub contractor for my pool, after 30 plus years of owning and maintaining pools this was built the way I wanted to build one. We moved into a new home a year ago and this was put in to keep a promise to my wife. I would be interested in your comments.

I'm just saying...wow with each and every shot. Just absolutely wow! Great job and the view of the surrounding property is beautiful. Looks very peaceful, I know wife must be happy!

Just beautiful! She must be happy... I hope! lol

I'm just saying...wow with each and every shot. Just absolutely wow! Great job and the view of the surrounding property is beautiful. Looks very peaceful, I know wife must be happy!

I was doing the same thing :D WOW

Round seems so boring but that is so well done. That and the view ... that is one sweet installation.

I appreciate your comments. I did quite a bit of planning. I chose round because it fits with our landscaping and you seldom see a round inground (sort of). I still have the landscaping to do then she will be a real beauty. It does sit well and we have a great view of our land and our beautiful sunsets. A poor mans infinity pool. I also equipped it with LED lighting, intelliflo pump, intellichlor SWG and my favorite is the screen logic system so I can control it all with my iPhone.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I forgot the most important part, my wife is very pleased. I will say this is country living at its best. Our little slice of heaven.

Your pool looks great! I have been looking at the radiant for a while! Do you use a solar cover? Do you mind me asking what it cost just for the pool and pumps ,SWG, screen logic all that stuff? We have been sitting on the fence. We have an Intex now but looking to upgrade.

Bump...

Your pool looks great! I have been looking at the radiant for a while! Do you use a solar cover? Do you mind me asking what it cost just for the pool and pumps ,SWG, screen logic all that stuff? We have been sitting on the fence. We have an Intex now but looking to upgrade. Did you end up covering your pool pump and plumbing with a small shed or did you leave it exposed?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't think so. The sidewall support arms run under the wall and into the pool about 16". They are exactly 52" deep and you need 2" of sand over them which will be a depth of 50". However you can drop the center 12 feet of the pool to 53" if you pour a cement collar around the entire pool.
That is how deep my center is. I am pushing the limit of the liner, the seam is on the bottom part of the cove.

Radiant does have the hopper option which is a deep end. I don't know the details on that.

I am still installing the 16*32 oval and will be providing more details soon.

This pool is rock solid, but if 50" of water is not enough, you may want to look at something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 inches is fine, but I think the optimal water depth for me would around 56 inches. I know this is being picky.

I really like the idea of the pool walls being about two feet out of the ground. Saw such a pool in Costa Rica. My current pool is half in and out with a water depth of 48" everywhere. I guess I was wondering just how flexible on ground pools are when it comes to increasing the liner, and hence depth, size.

Really nice install, I might add.

Sent from my Fire HDX.

Afternoon All!

Radiant does have a deep end option in our Metric Series, depth dependent on slope codes (i.e. on the smaller diameter pools we will not be able to go as deep as the larger pools, as the main slope needs to fall within a 3:1 ratio). We keep flat-bottom stock liners in inventory, whereas custom hopper-style liners are produced on demand. (we prefer to make custom liners based off our CAD drawings rather than use expandable liners). In the case of an Oval or Freeform, the standard A-Frames that Egghead is referring to would be swapped with Hopper A-Frames, where the horizontal piece that travels under the pool wall is welded off at an angle to accommodate a side slope starting from the side wall.

jfpetesn, I still have your drone photo hanging on my wall by my desk at work. :D great install!

@E9A

So for an oval pool could you have a deeper trench running the length of the pool, or would the trench have to stop before the ends? Also, how close could the trench be to the sides? Our current pool has the side supports which do not go in to the pool. Love the thickness of the walls of the Radiant pools. Can you sit on them?

Sent from my Fire HDX.

@E9A

So for an oval pool could you have a deeper trench running the length of the pool, or would the trench have to stop before the ends? Also, how close could the trench be to the sides? Our current pool has the side supports which do not go in to the pool. Love the thickness of the walls of the Radiant pools. Can you sit on them?

Sent from my Fire HDX.

Can you clarify what you mean by "trench"? I believe you're referring to the deep end / hopper? From the pool walls you would have a slight slope down to your finished depth: hopper aframe sideview.jpg

While the walls are incredibly strong, I can't really advise against sitting on them. They'll hold your weight, but aren't thick enough to count as a legitimate seating place.

I appreciate your comments. I did quite a bit of planning. I chose round because it fits with our landscaping and you seldom see a round inground (sort of). I still have the landscaping to do then she will be a real beauty. It does sit well and we have a great view of our land and our beautiful sunsets. A poor mans infinity pool. I also equipped it with LED lighting, intelliflo pump, intellichlor SWG and my favorite is the screen logic system so I can control it all with my iPhone.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I forgot the most important part, my wife is very pleased. I will say this is country living at its best. Our little slice of heaven.

Now that your build is a few years old how has it held up? I'm new to the forum and trying to find out as much as I can about radiants. Looking at a 16-32 with the hopper. Pricy little pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.