aliso

May 14, 2012
Here are my test results from testing my pool today:

FC 8
CC 0
TA 60
PH 6.8
CYA 40

My PH is low and my TA is low. I added 56 ounces of stabilizer a few days ago to bring my CYA up as it was only at 20. It is now up to 40 so i think that's good there. Before i added the stabilizer my PH was almost 7.2 and TA was at 70. Did adding the stabilizer throw these numbers off? Should i raise my PH with Borax and will that also raise my TA? or should i raise the TA adding baking soda and aerate to raise PH. Any help would be appreciated.

stabilizer is acidic and may have reduced the pH and TA. I would raise the pH with borax or soda ash to get back into the 7s. I would consider leaving the TA alone for now or use a little baking soda if it concerns you.

soda ash and washing soda is the same thing.

Did you set your pool volume at the top? And set your Now pH and TA and your new Target pH? 2oz is not right ... I see 116oz to raise from 6.8 to 7.2

I had my pool volume set to 21,000 gallons. I shouldn't have added the comma in there....this is why i was getting the wrong calculations. I did change my number to 21000 and it calculated fine for me. I did add 74 oz of Borax last night because that's all i had left. Will pick some more up today and check my PH level before i add some more. Also i did pour the Borax in front of the jet but some clumps landed on the vinyl pool floor, I used my brush and mixed it up on the floor but was wondering if this would do any harm to the liner if left there or would it dissolve over time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.