Could I possibly delay in opening pool?

Jul 7, 2011
I have an above ground 24' pool. I have used the TFPC method for the last two years.... THANK GOODNESS for you guys... I will not step foot in a pool store again...

Anyway, I am lucky enough to be going to New York June 17th-July 5th. I have not opened my pool yet because I am debating on waiting until I get back. We are in the 80's here and will most likely reach 90's and possibly 100's by time I get back. Am I creating a disaster? I really am unsure on having someone check on the pool and understand the maintenance of it. I also failed to mention I have a 30' cottonwood tree above this bucket of water so for part of the time I am gone it is a bit of a battle with the cotton and skimmer... I use a sock and have to change it about five times a day. I have the pool covered now with a gray/black cover. If you feel I am better off opening it let me know. If you have any advice please share... Thank you so much.
Mary

I would open it and get it all balanced. Then raise it to shock level and put the winter cover back on the evening before leaving. It will be easier to find someone to raise it back to shock level once or twice than to clean the skimmer multiple times a day. I would be curious to know how much CO2 a cottonwood tree reduces versus how much it causes from clogging everyone's air conditioner that lives nearby.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.