Question about installing a stenner pump

May 27, 2014
Hey everybody. Great site. I've been catching up on as much reading as I can. Not meaning to hijack the thread, but I have a question about installing a stenner pump.

Topic split. Please don't hijack someone else's existing topic. JasonLion

If I understand the setup correctly, it's as simple as installing the pump attached to a timer, and as long as the pump is set right it will inject a set amount of chlorine every night? I.e. My pool pump runs 7pm-7am. I could have the stenner Pump come on for a half hour every night at midnight, injecting 1/2 gallon of chlorine (or whatever the magic number may be) for my 25k gallon vinyl inground... I could adjust the timer to shock (should the need arise) or just shock manually.

Is it really this simple?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Hawk said, it really is that simple. The hardest part is adjusting the amount of time the injection needs to run, and once that's done, you just check it daily and test the water to make sure it's keeping the FC at the proper level.

This is awesome. My tf-100 will be in any day. Once I have a trend of how much my fc drops each day I'm definitely getting this up and running. Is Stenner the brand to go with? Would they be better than roto-chem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the Stenner, its really good quality.... Surprisingly heavy.... :) Mine can do 10 gallons a day and my pool is tiny compared to yours, I will run it only for a short period of time when the pump kicks on overnight.... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.