Tf-100 first test results

WWells

Jun 3, 2013
Dunwoody, GA
FC-3
CC-0.5
CH- 350
TA- 110-120- instructions said it should turn red, turned pink and then a dark pink
CYA- 45- I sort of went cross-eyed doing this may need to try again :cool:

Is there not a way to get an accurate PH with this test? With the standard PH tester I am getting 8.2, which is on the high side

Do these results look OK?

Also, panel says salt is 2850, will add some this week to get back to 3400 or so

What's wrong with the pH test? 8.2 is a valid number. The scale stops there, so it could be even higher if that's what you're getting. A SWG and high TA both tend to push pH up, so it makes perfect sense since you have both.

You probably want to raise the CYA level a little, on account of the saltwater generator.

8.2 is too high. Use PoolMath and Muratic Acid to lower it. Make sure you put your correct TA in the results box to get an accurate measure for acid.

Yes - a hot magenta pink is what I would describe as the color when the TA test is done.

Thanks Richard, so PH of 8.2 is OK or shoud bring it down? I will work on the CYA, thanks

BTW, pool looks good, not having any issues, working to get accurate results and be able to use BBB going forward
No.... 8.2 is way too high. You need to lower it with acid. It may be higher than 8.2, so after you dose it according to poolmath, it might still end up being too high. It could take two or three doses of acid to get it in the safe zone between 7.2 and 7.8.

You made it sound like something was wrong with the test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.