intex sand pump gauge in yellow

May 31, 2014
alabama
I have a 20x52 ultra frame interx pool with the 1600 gph sand pump and cs8110 swg.
I only had this up for about a week.I did everything the manual said filling it with sand and backwashing
but the gauge still reads in the yellow.If I backwash it 2 times a day it still is in the yellow on the gauge.
Any ideas what I can do to fix this? THANKS

Mine reads just under the yellow when clean. I might have a needle width of green above it and I actually haven't even seen it rise any yet. I took advantage of the massive amounts of rain we had the last couple of weeks and backwashed while draining the pool back down to the preferred level. Hopefully I won't have to worry about backwashing for a while now.

Mine reads about a needle width above yellow.I thought I was doing something wrong the reason it was up like that but if it common I wont worry about burning it up.
just curious but could it be the sand I could only find southern filter media. The guy at the pool supply store said it was #20 but it has nothing on the bag.Thanks for the help

You're probably right about the cheap gauges they put on these pumps.I have another quetion.After all the backwashing
I did I have to put 2 more bags of salt in the pool.Do I run the pump only for 24 hours like I did when I first put salt in
or being just 2 bags can I run the pump and the swg? Thanks for all the help I'm new to this and can use all the help I can get.

I got the 2650 intex sand filter and mine reads a needle under yellow aswell. sometimes depending on what I have hooked up it reads a little higher. I have been up and running for about 3 weeks now and have yet to do a backwash besides the one one on first start up. I run pump for about 4hrs a day (my pool is only 15') I wont backwash untill I can see yellow under the needle on consistent basis.

I however do not use a SWG for my chlorine I use bleach. I would assume you would want to run your pump to get the new salt all mixed in good. I would also assume that if you added salt you would also need to add some stabilizer aswell....

Do you have a good test kit? might want to invest in some salt strips. or however they measure salt content

My gauge doesn't seem accurate. I usually monitor the out flow on the return to see if I need to backwash. When the water pressure goes down, I know it's time to backwash. I did confirm the gauge works sometimes, I put a little DE in the other day, and watched the pressure rise. But normally, it seems like the gauge reads something different every time I turn the pump on.

I've been thinking about swapping out to a better guage. I haven't looked to see if the intex one has actual pressure markings or not. Anyone know what the pressures on the sand filter run? I've got the 1600 GPH.

I just looked at the replacement gauge on Intex's website. Looks like a 60 PSI gauge with the yellow warning area falling in the 10 to 20 PSI range and red beyond 20 PSI. I may try to find a liquid filled gauge to replace it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Finally got our pool up and running...but I have a question...my sand pump gauge is in the red - like all the way to the right even before turning it on. I've back washed and it didn't drop hardly at all. I've already added salt so I was going to turn it on to circulate the water to help the salt dissolve. Am I missing something or is to the gauge is wrong?? It's putting out a good hard flow so not sure what the problem is. Any suggestions??.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.