Water Results.... Where to go from here?

Jun 1, 2014
Forest Hill, MD
38,000 gallon pool

Free Chlorine 0.07
Total Chlorine 0.14
Combined Chlorine 0.07
pH 7.5
Hardness 94
Alkalinity 68
Cyanuric Acid 4
Copper 0.1
Iron 0.2
Borate 0
Salt 1030

I knew everything would be low as we added 15,000 gallons of water after we had to drain it down to fix a leak.

I know we need a lot. Pool is slightly cloudy right now.

Thanks in advance.

The results you posted look suspiciously like pool store results which tend to be inaccurate. I encourage you to order the TF-100 with Speed Stir so you can get accurate and repeatable test results. Since your pool is cloudy, I suspect you will need to SLAM the pool.

Post your results once you have the test kit and the experts here will point you in the right direction.

cabinmoose,

read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. You need a basic background so you will understand why you are making the adjustments that will be suggested to you. We don't want to fix your pool....we want to help you fix it so you will have that knowledge forever.

If I were you, I'd put in about 8 lbs of cya to start, that should get you to around 30 ppm (that should do until you get tour test kit) and pour in 283 ozs of 8.25% unscented PLAIN bleach.that should get you up to about 5 ppm FC. You can get both with one stop at Wal-Mart. It would be good for you to put all your pool details, equipment etc. In your signature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.