What CYA level should I be shooting for?

Aug 17, 2012
Just put up a 12 x 22 x 52 HydroForce rectangular pool and had it filled yesterday from a city water supply truck. I'm not sure what the volume of the pool is. Retailer says it holds 7725 gallons and pool calculator says it holds 8300 gallons. Truck guy had no clue. Just that he needed to come twice.

I've already filled a sock with CYA and hung it on the return, but I'm not sure what level I should be going for. Pool calculator says 40, but we live on a farm field and have sun ALL DAY. I'm just wondering if I should go a little higher. Using pool store bulk chlorine.

TIA for any advice :)

If you targeted 40, test it again in about a week after its all dissolved and see where your at. When you determined the gallons - what did you put as the depth? That could be why you got a higher number - the water doesn't go all the way to the top...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.