How long after shocking can I turn the SWG back on?

Bart

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Northern Virginia
I'm currently doing a SLAM and need to get my FC up to 24!

Do I have to wait a certain amount of time before I can turn the SWG back on? I thought I read something about waiting after shocking to turn it back on

Thanks!
Bart

You can turn the SWG on whenever you want. We generally recommend leaving it off for the duration of the SLAM so you can get a sense of FC consumption and it needs to be off for the OCLT. But, you do have the option to run it during the SLAM to help maintain the FC levels.

When you are done, you will likely need to turn it off so that the FC can drift back down to maintenance levels.

Thanks!

I've sort of done a backwards SLAM where I didn't really add enough bleach at the start. I was adding 4 or 5 jugs at a time for a couple of days. It was only today the I realized how high I needed to take the FC level.

Since the water is crystal clear now, does that mean I don't have to get FC up to 24? Or could there still be bad stuff lurking in the water even though I can't see it?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Yeah, it looks like I'm good on 2 out of 3 (no CCs and clear water). My OCLT test will have to wait until friday night…………the pool is at a weekend place we have which complicates things and is the real cause of this problem. I shocked the **** out of it on monday night and turned the SWG up to 70 which is higher than my normal setting so I'll probably have a pretty good idea of what's going on when I get back up there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.