LifeTime Supporter
May 29, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My in-ground pool is set up with a Compool LX220 Solar Heating system. The motorized valve became stuck in the on position and I cannot get it to turn off. The controller seems to be working properly will all the LED light working and I can here it wanting to turn on and off if I adjust the thermostat dial up or down.

I'm thinking of cracking open the valve to see if I can figure it out, but figure I can ask here to get some opinions.

I know the system is obsolete now, but I really like how it works. This is the first time I've had any problems with this system.

What do you think?

Is there a toggle switch on the back? Many motorized valves have a three way switch on the back to reverse the configuration. If you flip two clicks...middle is usually off (disconnect electrical)...does it turn the valve?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Yes the unit does have that three way switch and I did flip in the on1 and on2 positions. Nothing. Thanks for your reply though. If I can get some pictures posted I will.

If the switch does nothing, you have one of two core problems, could be either.

1. Fried motor, bad connection, or similar problem inside the valve itself.
2. No power to the unit.

You have ruled out a couple problems. It's not an automation problem, although if the problem is lack of power, it could be the 24vac transformer in the controller. It's also probably also not the relay in the controller that controls the valve in the controller because in most cases the switch you flipped would still work.

This is beyond what I can walk you through, but if it were me, I would get my multimeter and figure out how to verify power to the unit. If there is power, you know the valve unit itself has an issue. If there is no power, that would lead me back to the controller being the source of the issue.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful. Hopefully eliminating possibilities helps move towards resolution.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.