Test kit finally here! First result and a question

My question first...since the TF100 instructions say it's best to check inside, do you fill vials outside and bring them in, or transport using another method? I will most likely be checking first thing in the morning, but since I just got the kit I brought a tub of water inside after swimming and this is what I got. May not be the best method...I'm not sure.

Ph7.2
FC 3.5
CC .5
TC 4
CH 275
TA 100
CYA 100, I think. Not sure about that test just yet. :)

What do you think?

Well, one thing the pool stores around here are good for is giving you a free bottle to bring in a water sample ;)

I have a few different squeeze bottles that I use to take a sample in the house. You should test the FC and pH right away as they can change, but the rest are not affected by some delay.

If that CYA is right, then you are going to have to start replacing water to get it back to a manageable level. You FC is WAY too low for that high a CYA according to the FC/CYA Chart.

I would suggest redoing the CYA test, outside.

Hold the test cylinder at waist level, and slowly add the mixture to it. You can pour the mix back into the mixing bottle and recheck several times and average your findings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.