Way Low Ph- Very HIGH TA

Kelbug

Jul 24, 2007
SW Indiana
This is our first year opening a pool. I bought a Taylor Test kit and after testing the water, the PH test turned highlighter yellow and the TA test immediately turned red without adding any additional drops. I have my pool running with the jet aimed up, but I only have one. I cant' raise my PH without raising my TA. How do I figure out how much products to add when the numbers are so off the charts? Can I dilute the pool water with distilled water? Can someone please tell me what I need to take care of first?
Thank you,
K

I cant' raise my PH without raising my TA
Yeah, but freqz has the answer...your TA is super low, so do this.

1. Using baking soda and PoolMath, add enough baking soda to get your TA to 60 ppm or so.

2. Once your TA test returns something around that 60 mark, then use 20 Mule team Borax to raise your pH up to around 7.4. Use PoolMath again and assume your starting pH is around 6.8.

That should get you pretty close to the ranges established in "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School

Yeah, but freqz has the answer...your TA is super low, so do this.

1. Using baking soda and PoolMath, add enough baking soda to get your TA to 60 ppm or so.

2. Once your TA test returns something around that 60 mark, then use 20 Mule team Borax to raise your pH up to around 7.4. Use PoolMath again and assume your starting pH is around 6.8.

That should get you pretty close to the ranges established in "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School

Will do, thank you for taking the time to set me on the right path.
K

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.