Another North TX in-ground build

Mar 30, 2014
TX
I have been lurking on this site for some time and have loved following all of your builds. All of you were a huge help in our determining our size, shape and finishes etc. Thanks for the advice.

Crews showed up and began our dig this morning. We are super excited. Don't know how we are going to last the 8-10 weeks until we can swim. Anyway, here are the specs. I will try and post some pics shortly.

3.5 x 5 x 3.5 sport pool
Pool size 34.5 x 30.8
Pool+ spa perimeter 116 feet
Pool surface 595
Pool+ spa 660

Fusion System
Safety vacuum release system
Jandy 60 sqft DE Filter
Jandy PDA PS6 Controller
Jandy LRZ400 natural gas heater
Pentair Racer pool cleaner
1.5 HP FloPro Booster pump
Jandy EPump w/ SVRS
Jandy LED pool light
Jandy LED spa light
Letro autofill
Returns 5
Skimmers 2
Power clean ultra in-line chlorinator
Volleyball, basketball and umbrella sleeves

The pool will have both a stone grotto and waterfall. We are also putting in a small outdoor cooking island. Man I can't wait til it is done!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

We are a couple of hours into the dig and we have already hit rock. This cannot be good :( . I talked with 5 other neighbors currently building pools and they had no issues. Just my luck.

e4uba7as.jpg

I am so proud of the excavating crew. It was 8pm when they finally called it quits. They definitely gave it an honest effort. Now the real question is how big is the bill going to be for the "rock time" ($300/hr)?

When they hit rock putting my pool it, it cost me $1,000.00 for every foot they dug down. Needless to say, I made the pool less deep than originally planned. You are going to love your pool! Pics are great!

More progress on the pool today. They sprayed the flowable fill material.Hopefully rebar is on the agenda for tomorrow.

The PB also finished hooking up all of the plumbing to the equipment pad. Wow! I have never seen so many pipes.

paza8yva.jpg

u6eba8e9.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice build thus far Smurfy!

When they hit rock putting my pool it, it cost me $1,000.00 for every foot they dug down. Needless to say, I made the pool less deep than originally planned. You are going to love your pool! Pics are great!

OMG...1k a ft? Wow!!! :shock:

Looks good! You have no shortage of main drains. Your pool pad is very compact. I like the shape of the pool in your yard. It fits well!

Did they end up charging for rock? Our PB gave us a pass when the hit rock because they found a place that would accept fill with rock in it. Hurray!

Yes, they charged for rock. The crews really had to bang and scrape to get through it. At least I don't have to worry about the ground shifting.

We like the shape too. Right now the pool looks really big but I am hoping once the decking is poured and the landscaping is added it will all balance out and look tied together.

Sorry for the delay in posting. Things have been a bit nuts around here. We now have the gunite and the tile work complete.

The electricians have also completed their part.

We have a chance of rain every day this week so I am hoping it does not delay things. The boulder work ( coping and grotto/waterfall) should be next.

uploadfromtaptalk1403468009202.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1403468030162.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1403468051962.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.