New 24' x 52" installed this weekend and then it all went wrong....

Cooks

May 5, 2014
Kennedale, TX
We purchased the pool from Bonnie and Clyde's a couple weeks ago. We paid for the install since the little Intex pool we had for two whole weeks just about ruined a fairly good marriage. ;) The installer called Thursday mid morning and said, Im sorry Im running late Im waiting for my help to arrive. Mind you the leveling people was at my house before 7 am starting to do their thing. So the installer showed up around 4 or so and made a pretty big deal of how bad the levelers did... and etc. I asked so what do I do, call your boss? He said no I can fix it. He worked till around 7 and left. He came back the next day and finished it. My husband and I couldn't be there the whole time. Bc we were originally were told it would be done Thursday so we had planned our work schedule to be available that day not Friday. My grandmother was there and my uncle who communicated mostly with this guy. I got home Friday after work. It was installed with hoses already in the pool. My son had a baseball tournament so we were in a rush to leave. The installer left and the fun really began. Saturday morning I woke up and saw a wet spot on one side of the pool. So I dug some dirt away and it was a muddy mess. I called the installation place and told them that something had a leak and just by looking at the pool it looked unlevel and the top rails were missing screws. They sent another person out to check and said yes there was a leak in the liner and the liner was VERY uneven. I tend to be a little OCD and I was really trying to overlook that part but the design was so uneven that it seriously gave me anxiety. The owners of the installation company told us he would make it right and I said.. well good bc its off by 3". So the liner had a hole, the pool itself was 3" uneven and the liner was stretched and placed really off. As of today, they are pumping water back out and re leveling the pool and putting in a new liner. My husband and I are mostly DIY'ers. So it feels really weird to call someone and gripe or complain. But if its not right, its not right. And it should be, right? I hate to be the complainer

You had every right to complain over that sloppy install. Got a good test kit yet? Please add a signature line to your profile listing all your equipment. We like pics too!

Oh my goodness. I'd of been livid! I'd have them redo it down to the pavers! What a terrible job!

what casey said^^^

I hope you havent paid them any money yet. My installer did a great job of installing the pool, except that it was 2 ft closer to our porch than I wanted, and a foot off center. I was able to change our decking plans to correct the mistakes. but it cost him $400.

They are coming out tomorrow to pump it and basically start over with a new liner as well. Im out the cost of refilling it again though so I'm going to talk to them about the cost of the water. I'm trying to find the pictures from my phone to show how bad it was!

20140531_115226.jpg20140531_114622.jpg

So this shows how off the liner was plus the fact it was unlevel made it look even worse. I tend to be OCD so it would have drove me CRAZY. Is it unrealistic expectations to have the liner straight with the design?

The other picture is where it shows that it was off track and leaking.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think these over lap liners with borders just don't sit right in the pool with flat bottoms. If the bottom was dished out, they'd fit a lot nicer and the border would look more even.

There should never be a problem or regret in complaining about a job that isn't done properly.
Hopefully once it's right and you have some "soak" time you can put this behind you and just enjoy it.

I hate to complain too, but that was awful. It definitely needed a redo. Glad they fixed it.

MermaidMama

18' Round x 52" Doughboy AGP
Powerline XP Pump 1 HP
Aquaview 17" Sand Filter
TF-100 Test Kit

JUST WAITING ON INSTALL!

It's just a shame ... Too bad you didn't get a photo of the cannon ball he did that blew half the water out of the pool !!

How did he get out without a ladder ??

Looks like it's going to be a nice place to relax ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.