Intex 18x9x52 level question

Jun 2, 2014
Douglasville/GA
Hello,
First time pool for our family, and we bought the intex 18x9x52.

So, here is the question...

After leveling (so I thought) in the hot GA sun and hard red clay... we filled the pool only to find it out of level by 2.5" at the most out of level spot. It seems we have a high corner which has shifted water to the opposite diagonal corner. We used sod cutter and removed the sod, used long 2x4s and 6' level... tamped the whole area then added about 1/4 of sand and tamped/smoothed out.... level showed level and looked real level, so thought we were good. Put down the tarp then gorilla pad, last the pool and set up and filled.

Water Depth:
Low corner is 44”
Opposite same short side 42 3/8
Opposite same long side 42 ½
Opposite diagonal 41 ½

Do y'all think this will be okay to swim in?
Seems all the corners and rails are moving smoothly as they should, and none of the support legs looked stressed.

Your input is greatly appreciated....
Thank you
pool.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
low_side.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

First, a raised corner does not "shift" the water. The water is ALWAYS level.
Industry standard is having the pool level within 1" ... outside of that you are taking a risk and we are not in a position to say whether you will be fine or not. That is a judgement call up to you.

Mine looked like that for the last part of my summer last year..... I took it down at the end of summer, but you should be able to get one season out of it... :) Its not as bad as some of the tolerances, and because the legs on our pool are different to the round legs, we've got a bit more stability... So yeah, it should be ok for this summer... :)

Thanks Laceygirl! I got in the pool today and did some aggressive laps and jumped and made some good waves... did fine. Some water sloshed out of that corner where the water level is high, but it wasn't much. I thinking about keeping it up this summer, then in the fall take it down and store for the winter. In the spring re-level as you are doing.

Would love to hear others still... even those that had a collapse.

Thanks again

You are welcome new pool... :) You won't find many intex threads with liners that fail, but you will find threads that show the frame failing first... Usually from rust, and that can be from 2 - 5 years depending on where you live... :) The liners are pretty tough.... I believe they're almost 3mm thick.... Sorry I use metric... :)Have you thought about installing a through the wall skimmer for it?

I have an 18 foot round that has over the last 3 years settled to being about 3" out of level. It is holding up fine, and it has had many rowdy teenagers and young adults flailing about at the same time. That being said, it is a round pool and the stresses are probably more even then in a rectangular pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.