Vinyl Liner Stain

Jun 2, 2014
Sioux City/IA
28' diameter 54" deep above ground pool.

The bottom half of the wall all the way around the pool has a brown tint/stain. Stain is the same height all the way around, almost like the water was that low. Stain is about 24" above pool floor. Water was not drained that low ever. Stains were there after opening this spring. There are no stains on the pool floor or above the 24". Seems weird how the stain is so defined.

Any help and/or suggestions here?

Welcome to TFP!

Could be many things from leftover organic stains to calcium or iron staining. To diagnose, we'd need to know how long the pool has been open, whether the stain will scrub off or feels rough and a set of test results.

Sorry for the late response.

My chemicals were way out of wack. I can't remember the numbers exactly. Essentially, when I was adding stabilizer I had the total alkalinity number in my head and put way too much stabilizer in. So my chlorine was basically doing nothing. Did a bunch of 1/4 pool empties and refills and finally got the stabilizer to 40 like it should be. Re-balanced the remaining chemicals and shocked the pool.

The stain went away after shocking and hasn't been back since. Everything is great now!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.