Coping nightmare!

ghuber

May 11, 2010
So my pool reno finally started. Company came to install coping/tiling yesterday and after laying the coping found there is going to be a 2-2.5" gap between the coping and deck. In measuring this morning, I found the bondbeam is 11". The coping they ordered is standard 12" and they are trying to do a 2" over-hang on the tile line on the inside of the pool, thus the huge gap. This is clearly a case of the builder ordering the wrong coping size. A little math tells me I really need a custom sized coping of 13-14".

They are proposing I either back the coping with mastic or a tile as shown in the picture. I think the tile looks ok, but it is going to make the expansion joint quite small. Thoughts?

x3tldt.jpg

x4lv0z.jpg

Why accept anything less than what was agreed in the contract? The builder make the error so have him exchange the tile for the correct size.

If you like his idea for adding the small tiles, then move the large tiles so they overhang a little more so the expansion joint will be wider.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.