What needs to be level? Post only or the middle too?

Falzy

Jun 1, 2014
Harker Heights
I can't find this answer anywhere in the forum. I've got a 18x33 Vogue pool I'm sinking about 27 inches in the ground. If I have all the post on paver's leveled within a 1/2 inch, does the interior ground need to be level? I've good, hard caliche dirt (clay dirt) for a base that has a little "wave" to it. The wave isn't more than an inch at any one spot. I'm going to place 1/2 foam for a base then the liner. Am I good or should I bring in a load of sand to level those low spots through the middle.

Thanks

The perimeter where the post and bottom rail rest is what needs to be level. Sounds like that's what you've done. The rest of the interior floor can be as wavy or flat as you want. Some people put deep ends in their above ground pools. You just have to decide if if bothers you know because if it does it will continue to bother you until you change the liner.

Just don't get too crazy. A bit of a wave or dish in the bottom is fine however it may annoy you to no end when you use the pool (if you are like me), but if you want to dig a "deep end" you need to get an expandable liner. If you try to do it with a normal liner, bad things will happen.

Thanks

OP - On our pool the builder leveled the posts seperately, then went into the pool and dug out the center deep area and formed the bottom. as said, it can be however you want it.

+1 on the expandable liner AGP. mine just got completed saturday. PB says we have to wait a week before we can swim... :( .....so that we wont leave foot impressions in the bottom. Man, I cant wait to jump into that 7 ft deep end!!! :party:

Those waves have sweeping the pool a BEAR! I would reconsider having a wavy, bumpy, floor!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.