Intex SWG Chlorine output

May 26, 2014
St Louis, MO
Can anyone tell me how much the Intex Salwater system CS 20110 outputs chlorine in ppm? The manual states max. sanitizer output 12 grams/hour. I assume this is when 'boost' is activated. I'm trying to determine needed run time? Salt level 3300 ppm, 13200 gallons. Thanks

A much simpler approach is to try something, see how it works, and then adjust it to be closer to what you want. That is what you are going to have to do in the long run anyway.

If you really want to do all that math, you can use the Pool Calculator FC section with the popup set to chlorine gas and the units set to metric. But whatever you estimate that way, you are still going to need to try out and then adjust from there as needed.

I have added CYA to get to 70, but I won't be able to test for a few more days. So my target is FC 5. I ran the SWG for 6 hours today and the FC lowered from 5 to 4. I'm thinking of adding bleach to get back to five, run the SWG at night to early morning to increase the FC to 5+ or maybe 6, then the sun may reduce throughout the day back to 5. What is the max. FC safe to swim in?

I would have to go back and look, but I run my Intex generator for 10 hours during the evening hours and it seems to hold pretty steady for me. I have my timer set to run my pump around 12 hours and that gives the swg plenty of time to run its 10 hour cycle. So far, that has worked great. That is what I ended up after several days of testing late last summer and that is what I decided to go with for this summer.

I would say you may need to go a bit longer on the swg to keep your levels up where you want them. But everything is always a bit different.

Just keep testing with small changes and you will have it dialed in pretty close to what is needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.