aquacal aerotemp heat pump thinks water is 94 degrees when its probably 64

patplh

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2009
Massachusetts
Hi, we don't use our heat pump often, except at the start of the season. I opened the pool late this year (1 week ago)and the temp on our aerotemp heat pump is reading 94 degrees when it's probably closer to 64. Is this something I can fix myself with a new part, or do I need to call a pool service person?
Btw, the highest temp setting is 95 and I tried to set it to that, but the pump still didn't turn on.
Thanks!!

Update, I turned off the fuse for the heater and turned it back on and the temp was reading 85 degrees (i'm guessing true temp is in the 60s) but the heat pump turned on, which is a good sign that the problem is just with the temperature sensor.
i called aquacal and they are going to send someone out next week. it'll cost $95 for the evaluation. Hopefully they'll have the part in the van.. I'd prefer to fix it ourselves if I could buy the part so if anyone has any advice, we would welcome it :)

Update, I turned off the fuse for the heater and turned it back on and the temp was reading 85 degrees (i'm guessing true temp is in the 60s) but the heat pump turned on, which is a good sign that the problem is just with the temperature sensor.
i called aquacal and they are going to send someone out next week. it'll cost $95 for the evaluation. Hopefully they'll have the part in the van.. I'd prefer to fix it ourselves if I could buy the part so if anyone has any advice, we would welcome it :)

How did this work out for you? Im having a problem with my sensor too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.