Pool pump/motor not working, urgent help needed

I cant watch the video but there are some points connected via a lever from the centrifugal switch. The points could be corroded or not making good contact. That will required dissasembling the motor. Another thing is you can take off the black plastic cover on the back and turn the shaft with a straight screwdriver and see if its froze up. Also turn the pump on and spin the shaft with a screwdriver clockwise and see if it will start up.

Sounds like a run capacitor like JohnT said. When you panned down in the video towards the pump I got a glimpse of the motor. The run capacitor is under that "hump" on top of the motor right next the control pad. Can you take that cover off?

I had the same sound a couple weeks back and it turned out that my centrifugal switch was stuck. I have a Hayward Super II Pump, so I am not sure what yours looks like behind the back cover. I am not a pump mechanic, I just tried this and it worked for me so no guarantees. First make sure the power is off. If you can get the back cover off, look for an inverted "V" shaped device. If you have one, try wiggling it a little by hand...gently back and forth. Mine was stuck and after a little help, it began moving easily and the pump worked fine. If it's not that, your impellar might be stuck, once you have the front of the pump off (with the power off of course), try turning it by hand a little. It just may have gotten stuck in the offseason. Hope this helps a bit.

Ok great, i just bought a new 25MF capacitor and motor is working fine now... one more thing,the motor originally had a 25MF cap.. and the place from where I bought the cap asked me the HP on motor, i told him 1.5HP, then he suggested me to use 20MF...but I bought 25MF because thats what was there originally.... Any suggestions??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.