jet return and test kit

I recommend getting the TF100 from TFTestKits.net. That is the best available test kit.

"Jet return" is not a well defined term. Some people call standard returns "jets". Some pools have spa style jets as part of the return system, usually in a seating area so you can easily use them as massage jets.

Thanks. I just put a new liner in pool and got the chemicals somewhat balanced. Still a little high in alkalinity. Right I am relying on pool store for water tests. I am going to get the test kit and read the pool school. Got some sort of residue floating on water surface. After reading some posts I am thinking it is from algicide or powder shock. And also have white stuff on floor from granule stabilizer I believe. Got it swept up and cleaned filter. I guess that was a waste of money since I washed it out of filter. :( Anyway...I'll be back!:cool:

I said jet, but it is the little nozzle where the water shoots back in pool. The threaded part that holds the nozzle in cracked so there is no jet in there until I buy a new one. Thought maybe it was not circulating the water properly with out the jet.

That fitting is called a return eyeball fitting and the part that is missing is the eye. You will probably need to purchase the whole fitting, as I don't think the eye is sold separately. They aren't very expensive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.