Concrete deck coating suggestions

a_fan

Jun 7, 2011
Hi,

looking for suggestions for some type of epoxy/ paint to add some color to an ugly mismatched concrete deck. Concrete is in good shape, just two different shades of gray. Because of this, I think a stain product would not work in this case. I think I need a good paint/ epoxy. I realize I may have to reapply year to year. I'm in Ohio, so it would have to be winter proof.

I'm leaning towards Olympic Patio Tones but have not been able to get a solid review.

Any ideas? Anyone have experience with a product with run time?

TIA!

Another thread is discussing Spread Rock. A trowelable stone composition coating.

There is a (fairly) new product from Behr called Deck Over. They have one specifically for concrete. I have not used it myself, but if it stands up to the claims by Behr, it would be a simple, and very nice solution to your problem. May be worth checking into. I'm just not convinced at how well it will stand the test of time...

I would not recommend DeckOver for around a pool deck. I have seen mixed reviews on this product and there's nothing virtuous about using it around a pool. I have been very happy with a product made by Encore Coatings (GA). It's called Cool. This has become my "go-to" product with my customers. Like DeckOver, Cool rolls out easily and leaves a textured finish, but that's where the comparison ends. I have done jobs from TX to FL and even on the hottest days, this product keeps the concrete cool. It really adheres to the concrete, too. You can't get the product up with a chisel. It really binds. Anyway, this is a pool deck coating that works. Hope my input helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.