Running filter with cover on???

May 21, 2014
Westport, MA
Is there any sense in running the filter with the pool cover on? I have delayed opening my pool this year due to the fact I am
traveling the first week of June, and I was curious if I should run the filter while I was away with the cover on??

Thanks

I doubt that it would hurt, and it MIGHT help if your pool picks up a lot of crud over the winter to get a start on cleaning that out... Might deter the green slime a bit, though that is doubtful if not adding chlorine in some form...

I can't say that I've tried either way, since in order to run my pumps I have to take the cover off in order to get the stoppers out of the lines...

Depending on how you winterize, if you pumped down a lot, you are likely to need stabilizer anyway, so it might not be a bad thing to lift one corner of the cover and chuck in a bunch of pucks / sticks (maybe in a floater?) to give some chlorine while you are gone....

ex-Gooserider

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.