Newbie Pool Install Questions

JeffG

Jun 1, 2014
Katy TX
Hi all, 1st post,
I just ordered a Saltwater 8000 15 foot pool with the following: Hayward 1HP 2 speed cartridge filter, Hayward Aquatrol SWG. Plans are to install the pool with perlite backfill, foam base, pool cove, and liner pad under the 25 mil liner.

Being a newbie I know nothing about pool plumbing, but would like to install the pool equipment about 40 feet away from the pool. Is this a bad idea?

If installed this way should I oversize the pipe and fittings to allow for pressure drop?

I searched and cannot find plumbing diagrams showing recommended valves, etc. If someone could point me to one it would be much appreciated.

BTW I also plan to order one of the recommended test kits and follow the recommended methods for startup and maintainance.

Welcome to TFP!

You are ahead of many new people here, with the plans you have.

For your distance, 2" pipe runs would be a good idea, however not absolutely necessary.

Each pool is different so would be difficult to advise on what you will need for yours. I assume a round pool?

Off the top of my head, one skimmer, and two returns. Each should have their own valves.

You should also put unions on both sides of the pump (suction and pressure sides) and a valve and union at the outlet of the filter.

Since you will probably be running your pump on low speed except when vacuuming, I think 1.5 inch pipe would be fine, but you may want to go ahead and install 2 inch if you think you might ever switch to a larger pool. For the installation I would suggest watching a number of youtube pool installation videos, there is a lot of good information out there, as well as seeing how not to do it.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.