Water filter pump

Jun 1, 2014
SWEDEN
Hi,Last summer I bought a 12x12 Intex garden pool with a water filter pump. I somehow never had much confidence that the pump was doing very much and in fact, after a few weeks, the tubes turned green! I cleaned everything up and now I've set it up again for this summer. This time round I can see water flowing in the pipes... great. Except... the water flows nice and fast when the air valve is open (no water seeping out which I thought was odd) but when I close the air vent the water slows right down. Is the air vent supposed to be open or closed? My thinking is that faster flowing water = more efficient filtering? Thanks.

Welcome Howitzerman!

Are you talking about the vent on top of the little cartridge filter lid?

There is only one reason those hoses turned green and that is due to a lack of free Chlorine in the water.

Please begin reading in Pool School when you have a chance. The ABC's is a great place to start. Digest that as soon as you can, and work on other items from there. Knowledge and understanding are at the core of what we teach here. Once you learn, it's pretty easy.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm talking about the vent on top of the cartridge filter lid. I'll read those ABC's but in the meantime should the vent be open or closed when running. I have it open when running at the moment as that seems to trigger a faster flow through the pipes. When I power off I close the vent to avoid the water leaking through the vent which it starts to do once I power off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.