In desperate need of help please.

That is funny! :mrgreen:

Now that you know your pool size you can correctly calculate your dosages according to the gallons. You should see it clear up much quicker now that you are using the right gallonage and treating it appropriately. :goodjob:

Now I get to nag you again and tell you "time to update your signature".....LOL

Ya know I ment to update the signature but it was getting late and I needed to get to bed and totally forgot to change it. But HONEST I ment to change the 21 to 24.

OK so now that I can see the bottom (somewhat clear) There are patches all over of dirt. Im guessing its all very tiny stuff. WHen I vaccum the vaccum picks up some of it but most of it just gets stirred back up. SO am I better off vaccuming it or jsut more or less stiring it up?

Also an idea I had that I tried a little bit was I put the vaccum on its side and just let it suck the water up and send it through the filter. I left it like that maybe about 1/2 hour or so. Is that a bad idea? I kinda thaught that maybe with the stirring it up that maybe that would suck out the small particles that are floating around.

Man you guys really do rock!!!!!!!! :)

Keep brushing and brushing and stirring up the stuff on the bottom. Your filter will p/u some of it and your vac will get the rest of it. If you have a pool cleaner ( Polaris, Zippy etc) I would also try to use that some as well it will get the junk off the bottom. But nothing beats a good vacuum !
I'm not sure laying the vac on its side and letting it suck water would work to well since it will only suck in whats around the hose opening. I would think you would be better off letting the "stuff" settle again for the evening and vac it again tomorrow ....

Yes, always vacuum slowly. If it seems too fine to vacuum, then, as they said, brush & brush and let the filter take it out.

Are you using a skimmer sock? This is a tremendous aid in catching very small debris.

OTF said:
But Im sure it was pretty comical watching me panic over that stupid sock.
too funny, got a visual :lol:

If your vac has removable brushes like mine does, take off the ones in the front, but leave side and back ones on. Then move VERY slowly like the others have said. By taking off the front brushes you won't disturb the stuff sitting on the bottom as much when you move the vac. head.

HTH,
Adam

No mine does not have removable brushes. But what I HAVE started to do is kind of tilt it as Im going along so that the brushs dont push the dirt and stir it up. Ive noticed that way it picks up about 1/2 and stirs about half. And Im going REALLY slow. LOL I also tried a little bit tonight after vaccuming it to wait for it to settle some and then I sloooowly pushed with the brush. Im hoping that maybe that will kind of get bigger piles but less of them. LOL yeah...Im trying everything at this point.

But the good news is each day now after Ive vaccumed the next day theres only about 1/2 of what was there the day before. So woooo. And the really good news is I actually sat on the side tonight and put my feet in.

Again Thanks everyone. :) Now I need to get an updated pic.

You might also try adjusting your return eye to blow more towards the side of the pool causing a greater circular motion in the water and you will find more of the "stuff" collecting in the center of the pool thus making it easier to vacuum up.

Sorry to cut in on another "conversation", but I'm wondering if all pools have positional vents? Are you talking about the jets? All of ours point to the left except one and I wondered if it was just in error, I tried to turn it but got nervous to mess it up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OTF, I usually try to keep mine aimed so that they are not breaking the surface of the pool but not directly to the bottom of the pool. What you want to achieve is a good circular current of you water. I find with my pool, it helps the larger debris and some of the smaller too, collect in the or near the center which makes for easy vacuuming. IMO

Suzanne, Im pretty sure your "eyeball" is two pcs. One is a ring that screws over the pipe coming out of your wall and the other would be the "eyeball" itself. If you turn your pump of and try to loosen the outer ring a little you should be able to move the eyeball around and redirect its flow. Is there a skimmer basket near the one pointed in the opposite direction?

TizMe said:
Suzanne, Im pretty sure your "eyeball" is two pcs. One is a ring that screws over the pipe coming out of your wall and the other would be the "eyeball" itself. If you turn your pump of and try to loosen the outer ring a little you should be able to move the eyeball around and redirect its flow. Is there a skimmer basket near the one pointed in the opposite direction?

I just tried to turn it and it won't budge. I don't know the dimensions of the pool, I'll measure when I have help, but it's rectangular and the steps make it almost L shaped? Not sure if that makes sense, but anyway all the "eyeballs" in the rectangular portion point left (circulating the water to the skimmer basket) but the one by the stairs (L) points the opposite direction, pointing at the stairs and away from the skimmer basket. To me it seems to mess up the flow from the other ones but maybe it's suppose to ensure the water circulates to the stairs?? Does that make any sense?

suzannemomof3 said:
TizMe said:

I just tried to turn it and it won't budge. I don't know the dimensions of the pool, I'll measure when I have help, but it's rectangular and the steps make it almost L shaped? Not sure if that makes sense, but anyway all the "eyeballs" in the rectangular portion point left (circulating the water to the skimmer basket) but the one by the stairs (L) points the opposite direction, pointing at the stairs and away from the skimmer basket. To me it seems to mess up the flow from the other ones but maybe it's suppose to ensure the water circulates to the stairs?? Does that make any sense?

If the eyeball return hasn't been moved in a long time they will stick....when I first went to move my return eyeball upwards last year (it hadn't been touched in 5 years) it wouldn't move. Eventually it loosened up.

I would agree that it probably is directed at the stairs for that reason. I don't think you will have as much luck with the circular motion in a rectangle pool as we would in our round AG pools anyway.

Butterfly said:
Tiz's "eyeball" description sounds just like what we have in our IG pool. :wink:

I re-read it and I was misunderstanding what he was saying....I thought he was describing the outside of the return that is in two sections on my AG pool, that screw together. :oops: :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.