In ground or semi in ground intex pool with deck pics and suggestions?

Hello fellow pool lovers :)

I thought we should have a thread for those of us attempting or who already have completed this crazy task of digging a hole, putting an intex pool and building a deck around it!

We know there is members on this forum who have done this, and there are at least a couple of us in the midst of either planning or already in the building stage!

Let's collaborate ideas, share pics and the journey to back yard oasis!

My plans:

9x18' x52" poly group brand ultra frame

Digging 2.5 feet into ground, over dig to 11x20 size hole. Place deck footings next to pool walls, adding plywood between exposed earth and pool walls, no back filling

Deck going to be built with one deck block next to pool wall ( in the dug out area) and the others on the level ground 2.5 feet above.. Make sense??

Deck will be 8' on one side, 6' on one end, and then just a catwalk on either other end and side

We have a cover reel to mount to the cat walk on the end

Adding an upgraded filter and pump

Natural gas heater

Pergola on deck for privacy and shade, and a propane fire pit for roasting weenies and evening ambiance!

Yay!! So excited

Hello fellow pool lovers :)

I thought we should have a thread for those of us attempting or who already have completed this crazy task of digging a hole, putting an intex pool and building a deck around it!

We know there is members on this forum who have done this, and there are at least a couple of us in the midst of either planning or already in the building stage!

Let's collaborate ideas, share pics and the journey to back yard oasis!

My plans:

9x18' x52" poly group brand ultra frame

Digging 2.5 feet into ground, over dig to 11x20 size hole. Place deck footings next to pool walls, adding plywood between exposed earth and pool walls, no back filling

Deck going to be built with one deck block next to pool wall ( in the dug out area) and the others on the level ground 2.5 feet above.. Make sense??

Deck will be 8' on one side, 6' on one end, and then just a catwalk on either other end and side

We have a cover reel to mount to the cat walk on the end

Adding an upgraded filter and pump

Natural gas heater

Pergola on deck for privacy and shade, and a propane fire pit for roasting weenies and evening ambiance!

Yay!! So excited

Your plans sound great so far kshuf. Make sure to post pics of your progress :)
I am so thankful we are nearing the end of our build. It has been a busy few weeks for us, but all the time and money will be worth it. So have you picked out what upgraded equipment you are looking to use and what model of natural gas heater have you chosen? Cost? Just looking to get additional info if we find that the electric heater we are installing just doesn't work for our needs quite as well as we hope

Depending on how long you might own the pool and how long a season you have and might want to extend it you might want to look into a heat pump. It costs more on the front end but if you want a longer season it will pay for itself. I have LP and it's just painful ($$) how much of that stuff it needs to warm the pool and keep it there.

I would suggest making a bigger hole. As you have it now you only have 1' on each side of the pool. That is going to be a tight fit for your plywood and deck footers etc. You need it big enough to have room to work and for everything to fit without crowding the pool. Maybe 2' a side, so a 13'x22', think that is more standard. I assume your pool doesn't have any of the buttresses that have to stick out on the sides to support it?
Other than the hole size it sounds like you are all set. The size you have planned might work but it sounds like a nightmare to work with that limited space.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.