Water test in prep for swg

Iciee

Jul 5, 2011
phoenix
Here are my tests using tf100. I am installing a swg and started doing a partial drain in my pool a week ago (20%). I did a cya extended test and still had around 180. This time remove about 80% and here are my results

Tc 3
FC 3.5
Ph 7.2 (was 8.0 last night before acid)
Ta 150 (was 180 last night)
Cc 0
Ch 300
Cya 50
I have to aerate my pool to get the oh up before I can add more acid to adress the ta
Also dang auto fill got stuck on last night so I have to remove couple inches today the cya was at 60 yesterday
Any other thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks pretty good. I would try and stay as close to your target FC (~6) as you can until the SWG is up and running. The SWG will aerate for you and cause pH rise. Once it's running, stay on your pH until your TA settles. There is no need to adjust it beforehand.

I'd get that salt added as soon as you can. You probably know that you may need to add a little more CYA as well.

I have a 1/3 of my pucks remaining might throw the floater in but need to figure out how much they will add. I dont want to shoot myself in the foot as I dread seeing the upcoming water bill lol

Thanks Timerguy I did my tests around 11:30am and they were
Tc 2
fc 2
ph 7.5
ta 150
I thought I was losing too much chlorine (106 degrees outside) so decided to check the cya again and was reading any where from 30-40 did the test about 5 times. Loaded up the floater with 5 tabs opened it up all the way and let that keep the fc up till I get the swg hooked up (by next weekend) and get my salt kit and tf refills back in. In meantime going to start shopping around for salt prices and pick up some sch 40 elbows and unions for the install. I plan on doing a write up on installing it. I will run the cya test again this afternoon and make the wife do it to see what she gets

I'm wondering how you're losing cya? Further, if your cya was truly 180 to start then your 80% drain and refill was really only a 66%. That may be splitting hairs, but the diluted test will only give you a ballpark estimation.

Might just be user error. Been running around trying to find sch 40 2" unions but neither of the two box stores have them grrrr all they had was sch 80 and not sure if that's ok to use so passed . Determined to get this thing built tonight to hopefully fire it up tomorrow morning. How long does it take for the salt to disolve. I took a water sample to pool store to compare my results and get a salt ppm reading before I start. They said I had 60 cya and 110 compared to my 150. The salt strip said I had 700 but going to treat it as 1k and go from there till my kit arrives and see what the swg reads.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.