High Levels of Cyanuric Acid; Twice in 1.5 Years

May 31, 2014
Wesley Chapel, FL
For the second time in 1.5 years, my pool company is telling me I have to drain my pool, due to high levels of cyanuric acid. Our pool does not get a lot of use, so I am really wondering if the pool service company that does the chemicals is doing something wrong, or doing something that is cheaper for them, but costing me in the long run.

Very little doubt they are using pucks to chlorinate your pool. That most always results in CYA being too high.

Only solution is to chlorinate using bleach but a service company won't do that as it has to be done more than weekly.

This would all depend on how they are maintaining your pool chlorine. I would suspect chlorine tabs and it that case it could be very likely your CYA is too high as those would constantly be adding CYA.

I would believe it. I drained mine approx 1.5 years ago and got the cya around 60 adding it via the sock method. But I was ignorant and continued to use pucks thus raising the cya again. Ff to today that I want to add a swg I realized that I es close or above 200 and drained approximately 80% to get it within range.
I would find out how they are treating your chlorine pucks liquid or what. There is a local company that converts your pool to a swg as it is easier for them and the pool to maintain. I would shop around if you have one like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.