swg question for today

May 17, 2014
TUCSON, AZ
Pool Size
ok, after mixing salt and stabilizer for 24hrs and running my swg for 3hrs this is my test reading
cl-2
ta=160
fc-3.5
cc-0
cya-70
ph-8.2

my question is, since I have just started it up, should I keep running my swg system to get the fc up? or do I try to get the ph down as a priority?

Both. Your TA is high and will come down when you knock that pH down. Knock it down to 7.2 and your SWG will aerate it back up anyway. The aeration will not make your TA go back up.

If I am reading your results, you have 2 ppm of CC, which means get the pH in line and then go through the slam process. The SWG should be off during the process, as you will not be able to do an OCLT with it continuously generating chlorine.

Read the instructions in Pool School, in the How To section, on lowering TA.

When the PH comes down to 7.0 or 7.2 it is time to start aerating the water. That will bring the PH up and eventually allow you to add more acid.

Lowering TA is a fairly slow, on going, process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.