Pool Actuator Replacement

tobitx

Apr 4, 2013
I have a 23000 gal saltwater pool with a Pentair IntelliTouch system. There are two Jandy 3 way valves with Compool CVA 24t actuators. One of the actuators does not move. I have toggled the rear switch and it does not work. I opened the Intellitouch box and switched the actuators connections and the same actuator failed. So I guess it needs to be replaced. Do I have to replace it with the same brand or could I use a Jandy or Intermatic or other??

I'd appreciate advice.

Funny.. I had the same exact scenario happen with my Pentair actuators about 4 weeks ago. Mine were setup with an easytouch and were same model actuator. fortunately, my system was still under warranty, but like you I attempted to trouble shoot by switching the plugs and checking for voltage at the board. Once determined that it was most likely the actuator, I called the pb to come replace it. Of course, the day he showed up, the actuator started working with no further issues. I have two more years on my pentair warranty, so I still have time to get it replaced if it stops working again.

The only issue with using different brand actuators is the speed they move at. The way my system is plumbed,if only one valve moves when going from spa mode back to pool mode, my filter will dump DE powder and dirt back into the pool. The intermatics are slower, so it might cause a slight reverse in flow if the valves are out of sync.

That must be a weird plumbing setup, killer. No way should only one valve turning cause reverse flow through the filter. It should only drain the spa or over fill the spa.

That must be a weird plumbing setup, killer. No way should only one valve turning cause reverse flow through the filter. It should only drain the spa or over fill the spa.

25p25o3.jpg

Not trying to railroad tobitx original thread... but here goes. Not sure if something was plumbed incorrectly in my setup, but I did have some issues when the top mounted actuator failed. In my situation, the top valve failed to return back from spa mode when I turned off the spa. With the bottom valve in the pool position and the pool pump running, DE powder started dumping back into the bottom of the pool from the floor drain. After I noticed that valve stopped working, I unscrewed it from the valve and just actuated it back by hand until I could figure out what was wrong. Do you any problems with the plumbing orientation?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.