Results of the first 2 tests using the TF100

Oldgunner

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2014
Milton, Florida
I have been following this forum for a couple of months now, bought the tf100 test kit. Just switched the pool to salt.
First test
FC 5.5
CC 0.5
TC 6
CH 350
TA 130
CYA 80 but I think I did this one a liitle wrong I could still make out the black dot a little
Salt 3800
PH 7.8

I vacuumed the pool to waste and added water new test results are 5 hrs after the add
FC 6.5
CC 0
TC 6.5
CH 200
TA 130
SALT 4000
CYA 60 this time I am pretty sure I did it right
PH 8.2

Entered this data into the pool calculator it says add 5.5lbs CYA and 2 qts Muriatic acid. By the way the pool is sparkling clearand 78 degrees.

I would hold on the CYA for another week or so and test again.....if it possibly was 80 (doubtful, I think you got it the second time @ 60) you certainly don't want to overshoot.

Add the acid for sure. Get your pH out of the 8's and make sure it stays in the 7's all the time. It will tend to rise over time so checking pH frequently and keeping it in the seven's becomes almost as important as adequate chlorine (3-6 ppm)

Welcome Oldgunner!

First, I would concentrate on the FC and the high pH. That pH needs to come down.

What target did you enter in the calculator to require 5.5 lbs of Cya? I would hold off on that just for now. Yes SWG Pool do usually need, more but lets wait on that for a bit ok?

Make 7 your target for FC, stay as close as you can to it, and hammer on the pH. After the TA falls down some, the pH rise will lessen. You want the lower TA in a slat pool long term, but keeping on with lowering the pH will get you there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.