Superchlorinating with SWG

morojo

Apr 5, 2008
I have an aquarite SWG with a pentair clean and clear plus cartridge filter for my 50,000 litre inground pool. After i run a superchlorination function i see fine white particles in the bottom of the pool around the seams and pooling up in other areas of the pool bottom. What and why is this?? I'm guessing that it is just the salt but why does it seem to become "undissolved" after superchlorination?? Or is it something else??

Sounds like it could be calcification coming off the cell. Take the cell off and look in it. Do the blades look like clean metal or it there white caked all over them? If you see a bunch of white caking the cell needs to be cleaned according to the manufactures instructions.

If you need to superchlorinate pool it's best to use liquid chlorine, as SWGs don't provide true superchlorination. All they do is run at full output for 24 hours.

Fine particles are usually calcium - salt cannot become undissolved in water. The only time when salt will be undissolved is when the water reached it's saturation point which for salt is somewhere around 38% (380,000ppm), depending on temperature of the water.

Actually, SWGs superchlorinate ALL the time, just a small amount of water right at the cell. That is why (typically), SWG pools rarely have CCs. As someone said, turning the system to superchlorinate just turns it on ALL the time.

Aquarites also "self clean" (in theory) - if you read the manual it mentions that the cell undergoes a periodic maintainence mode that is designed to shed the scale, but that is not dependent on the % set - unless it only happens when the % set is above some threshold (I don't think the manual mentions that).

SWGs are like solar, slow and steady, even when you "superchlorinate". If you get cloudy water, it will clear up much more quickly by adding bleach, generally within hours, as opposed to maybe a day or so with superchlorinate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.