Blueray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas11, you are free to adopt TFP principals of pool care or not as you desire.

The core principal of TFP is to understand what you're adding to your pool to avoid unintended consequences and to accurately manage your variables and sanitation, based on scientific research that is extensively available throughout various site threads here a TFP.

The principal ingredient in that product, copper sulfate, indeed acts as both an algaecide and sanitizer supplement. You will note there is also silver and an unidentified cheating agent designed to prevent staining.

However, TFP does not recommend using copper in any form because eventually it becomes impossible to control and difficult to test for, and when it accumulates or encounters high ph events, can stain. The resulting stains are very difficult to remove. This is not conjecture. We have more that 90,000 pool users at TFP and its safe to say reports here are statistically significant over time ;)

I have a friend who is a bonafide chem engineer who as such, you would think could control his copper sulfate use in his pool. Last summer his family barely used the pool because their hair turned green ;) A water change remedied the levels, but his wife is now seriously afraid to swim.

When it s SO easy to maintain sanitized water with a simple, albeit daily test and dose of liquid chlorine, why on earth would any sane person advise another to instead use a method difficult to measure/control with possible unintended consequences.

The goal of TFP is to simplify and demystify pool care. To do so requires reliance on the less-is-more principal, not to advocate compound proprietary formulations where neither the user nor advisers can predict outcomes. ;)

I don't have a dog in the race, so to speak, and I'm not sure why you do with repect to this product, but if you're looking for reassurance in this product use, you won't find it here for the reasons I outlined.

But that shouldn't stop you from doing what you want and drawing your own conclusions, despite the facts ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.