Adapters for converting Summer Escapes pump to Intex?

JRS7

Aug 10, 2009
Finally bought an Intex pump to replace the crappy little black pump on my Summer Escapes AG pool. What I read online is that people pull the Summer Escape pump apart and remove the guts, then hook the Intex pump right to the output and it works great. My question is: Anyone that has done this, what adapters do I need to get the larger hose from the Intex to fit on the smaller fitting on the Summer Escape Pump?

The Summer Escapes pump is the 2000, so I can't use the adapter that goes in the bottom of the skimmer, I have to do it the way I mentioned above.

Pumpedited.jpg

Finally bought an Intex pump to replace the crappy little black pump on my Summer Escapes AG pool. What I read online is that people pull the Summer Escape pump apart and remove the guts, then hook the Intex pump right to the output and it works great. My question is: Anyone that has done this, what adapters do I need to get the larger hose from the Intex to fit on the smaller fitting on the Summer Escape Pump?

The Summer Escapes pump is the 2000, so I can't use the adapter that goes in the bottom of the skimmer, I have to do it the way I mentioned above.

View attachment 30050

Not one person can tell me how they made this conversion?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.